After your tour, our admissions process continues with our online application. We recommend prospective families submit an application the fall preceding the year of intended enrollment. St. James welcomes students of any race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, and religious background as we seek to have a diverse student body.
Priority admission is given to families that apply by the December 1st application deadline. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis after the priority deadline until a grade level is full. Once a grade fills, accepted students may be placed on a waitlist. Enrollment offers for those receiving priority consideration are released in mid-December.
As a part of the application process, an assessment is required for applicants to PreK-3 through 5th grade. Our assessment focuses on developmental milestones to ensure applicants are prepared to begin their St. James experience. Applicants to the Nest, our early childhood program, do not need to schedule an assessment but are required to tour the school. Assessments are scheduled upon submission of the online application.
Important Admission Dates & Deadlines
- Priority Application Deadline: December 1st
- Priority Enrollment Offers Sent: December 14th
- Priority Enrollment Contracts Due: January 9th
- PreK-3 Assessments: Tuesday, November 29th at 8:30 am or 10:00
- PreK-4 Assessments: Wednesday, November 30th at 8:30 or 10:00
- Kindergarten Assessments: Thursday, December 1st at 9:00
- 1st through 5th grade: Friday, December 2nd at 9:30