St. James Traditions
- Spirit Week & Field Day occurs early in the fall and is a week full of spirit centered dress-up days and activities.
- St. James Soiree is a parents-only fundraising event typically held in the fall. It includes a cocktail party, silent auction, and live auction.
- Blessing of the Animals occurs each fall and students are encouraged to bring their beloved family pets to the school playground to receive a special blessing from the St. James clergy.
- Thanksgiving Feast is celebrated the last Thursday before our Thanksgiving break. We welcome all of our families for a traditional Thanksgiving lunch with their students’ classes.
- Gingerbread Day is a Christmas time celebration unique to St. James. Every St. James student decorates his/her own gingerbread creation (cookies for The Nest, houses for the Day School). The campus transforms into a winter wonderland!
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day usually occurs in mid to late February. We welcome grandparents and special friends to campus and present a school wide musical and art show for their enjoyment.
- Carnival is a school-wide celebration later in the spring. All students are invited to attend with their families. Old school carnival games, large inflatables, concessions, and more ensure hours of fun and entertainment!
- An Easter Egg Hunt at the Old State Capitol is usually the week before Easter break. Our Day School classes walk to the Old State Capitol for an Easter egg hunt, special snacks, fun games, and usually a roll down the big hill! The Nest students celebrate Easter with parties on campus and a precious Easter Bonnet Parade.
- Singing in Church is a long-standing tradition at St. James. Each Friday during Eucharist one grade performs during the service. Parents are invited to attend.
Grade-level traditions include drive-in movies and special holiday parades in The Nest. Mascot Day, Famous Americans, Pioneer Day, and the State Fair are just a few of the grade-level traditions celebrated in the Day School. Our 5th Grade class has its own special traditions including Cap Day, 5th Grade Retreat, Pinning Ceremony, Family Game Night, Tunica Hills, Donut Days, Big Heads, and so much more!